Sunday, May 2, 2010

Day 2


Exercise: I really do have to come up with a schedule because I delayed exercising until it was too late to go to the gym and ended up walking a mile with Lesley On Demand. Tomorrow I will go after my daughter, Angelina, gets home from school so she can enjoy working out, too! (Ping-pong). My schedule is sporadic, yet something tells me in time I will have to block out a specific time just for me and the tread-mill.
Food: I could have done better and will come up with a tracker system starting tomorrow. I didn't do too bad, except for the red meat and not counting calories.
Thoughts: Today I tried on some clothes at Old Navy so I'd have something new to wear when I visit Las Vegas next week for the first time. I had never seen such a ghastly sight in my life when witnessing myself in the dressing room mirror. It wasn't the anemic skin or baldness that scared me--it was my body parts. Then I started thinking about the parts of my body that I couldn't see like my heart, and the layers of fat that must surround it. My surgeon, Doctor Bodai, told me I should be more concerned about dying from heart disease and a stroke than from cancer. For the first time in my life I am concerned about not being around for my children and grand-children. However, I am "losing it my way" not out of fear but because I am still alive and have an opportunity to do something about my health. I am so fortunate compared to so many who have lost the battle of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment