Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 3


Exercise: Today I spent twenty minutes kicking in the pool. Swimming was so nice and relaxing. At first I was a bit embarrassed because of entering the pool without hair; I felt naked in public so I quickly put on a red swimming cap. Water is such a freeing feeling and I love swimming because I can escape into a underworld of relaxation. Even when exercising the motions seem effortless. As I swam, long ago memories of me in high school emerged when I could swim 100 laps without effort. My body must have accumulated memories cells of swimming laps because it all felt very natural.
Food: As far as my menu plan, I had a slight hiccup that delayed me from finding the right menu tracker. However, I ate healthy all day except for my diet coke. My estimated calories were below 1500.
Thoughts: I was disturbed tonight (which was really last night since I am posting this a day late) because of getting side-tracked by something. I was settling down for the night realizing how posting my blog is starting to feel more like eating a non-calorie dessert. I love it! Between looking for a good on-line calorie counter and posting something I decided to make a quick call to Ask-A-Nurse because of some mild on-going chest pains I was having. I was told to come into the emergency so they could evaluate me further. Even though I was upset to leave my blog still in process, and the comfort of home in exchange for a long wait at the hospital; getting side-tracked was the best thing that could have happened. After some blood work and a CAT Scan I was told by the doctor I had water around my heart, something called pericardaleffusion (not a severe case). I believe it is related to chemotherapy, and will find out more tomorrow when I have a echo cardiogram. Today I learned how to embrace the little hiccups in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment