Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day 6

Food: I stayed below my 1500 calories in spite of eating a salad out today at a Chinese Restaurant.
Exercise: My feet are still swollen. After affects of chemo? No walking shoes today. Instead I swam freestyle for twenty minutes. My pants are getting looser.
Thoughts: When I started this blog I thought my cancer days were behind me, except for radiation. I assumed there would be no reason to write about it because the time had come to focus on eating healthy and exercising. I was wrong. Cancer, especially Tripe Negative Breast Cancer, is extremely aggressive and recurrence is greater. Cancer seems to have encroached into my losing weight plan. I had three doctor appointments today. I was called yesterday and told I had to come in for a bone scan. I was a bit surprised because it was so random. Today they put dye into my body and three hours later took pictures of my bones. Afterwards I saw my radiology oncologist and she told me that when I went into the ER the CAT Scan of my heart also showed something in my bone, and several polyps in my lung. I started snivelling in the dressing room and on the way home every time I thought about my children the tears poured out like a waterfall. I was glad to let it out and when John told me maybe we should revise my eating plan (eat hamburgers!) and forget about losing weight I told him "No way!" A couple hours after arriving home I received a call from my doctor saying it was NOT cancer in the bone. I was so . . . relieved. As far as "something" in the lungs the doctors will have to wait and see if they grow or change. Regardless, it shouldn't have an affect on my immediate health plan. I'm glad that my emotional day ended with a good workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment